“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel.”
- Pablo Picasso
- Children thrive in a nurturing environment where their ideas, feelings and thoughts are valued.
- Children learn best when a curriculum extends the boundaries of their intellects and encourages them to achieve their personal best.
- Children find joy in learning when a curriculum is intellectually challenging, developmentally appropriate, integrated among subject areas, engaging of all their senses, and inclusive of resources beyond the school’s walls.
- Experiential learning, thematic study, small group instruction, and integration of the arts in the academic disciplines expand the child’s knowledge base and lead to a greater depth of understanding.
- Learning to work collaboratively, communicate effectively, solve problems creatively and act responsibly are essential parts of the curriculum.
- The curriculum is enhanced by a campus designed to celebrate artistic expression, promote environmental awareness and appreciate and pre
serve the natural environment.
- Children are enriched in a community that includes people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities.
- Community service encourages lifelong attitudes and actions that promote good citizenship.
- Teachers are role models whose wisdom, skills and caring facilitate learning and help children develop diligence, confidence, morality, courage, humor and imagination.
- Parents, teachers and children work together to build the positive community values of respect, kindness, empathy, acceptance, and personal integrity.